Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dear High Heels, Thank You (And Other Random Musings)

It's snowy where I am. And I mean really snowy...imagine about 5 feet of snow covering everything. I am a huge advocate of wearing boots, and of course high heels, but sometimes I get really afraid to wear heels over ice and two-inch-deep-in-snow sidewalks. This is where my lovely, trusty pair of H&M booties come in handy. As you can see from the picture, they have a lovely rubber wedge that leads to a lace-up bootie with a smushy plush lining. In a word- perfect. Unlike my other boots that I usually wear (where I slip and slide over everything remotely snow-covered), these keep me delightfully grounded despite below-freezing temperatures. I recommend these, one hundred percent! Plus, I think they are freaking adorable....don't you agree?

Since I'm never short of sources for inspiration, I thought I would just post some pictures of things that have really been inspiring me this Winter Season...I always delight in dressing is tons of loose layers and boots, thigh-highs and stockings, hats and big loopy scarves, and of course my usual look of positively dripping in jewelry...not to mention the Holiday parties and family get-together's that are so abundant this time of year! I'm excited, to say the least, and here are some photos that I recently have been looking at and loving. Take a peek at these marvelous photos, and see if you get inspired.















  I've been listening to Nirvana, The White Stripes, and Amy Winehouse all day. It's been super.
Now excuse me, I have some more Christmas cookies to bake up, and going to attempt to make a pair of rings using just wire...adventures all around today! Plus...it's Saturday! Fun in store for tonight? I think so :)

1 comment:

Fleur-de-Lis said...

Great blog! Loved these images you shared*