Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is Hair

As you could probably tell from my hilariously punny title, I'm diggin this weather. It's dress season in full force (although probably with boots) and change is in the air. Just what do I want to change, you ask? My hair. I want it to be pink. Or lavender. Or a pale, pastel blue. If you've been alive and keeping up to date on fashion-world trends, this notion shouldn't seem completely insane. Maybe a little, but not completely. I'm a bit torn, to be honest. On the one hand, I think it looks beyond-cool on the girls who wear it pale and mussed. On the other hand, I wonder what it would transfer to in the real world. Would peekaboo lavender streaks or dip died cotton-candy hued ends look ultra-cool in my 8a.m stats class, or just misguided and sad? Twelve-year-olds, wanna-be rebellious adolescents, and my five-year-old cousin all seem to have this crazy hair color ideal in mind (in the case of my cousin, her My Little Ponies are her big inspiration). And I'm left wondering that now I'm past childish rebellion, spiting my parents, and coloring my hair with Kool-Aid, do sugar-sweet locks come off as contrived, or just plain rad?










apparently I have a thing for the pink...but this last picture is pretty amazing, not gonna lie. Love the tiny earrings too!

Today I'm listening to: The Pretty Reckless- Nothing Left to Lose

No comments: